After many times looking up various resources on code smells and code smell taxonomies, I finally decided to make a listicle (list article) of these.
- Industrial Logic's Code Smells album is carefully curated and deftly explained. A winner.
- Industrial Logic also has a cheat sheet for code smells (recommended)
- The OG
- Wikipedia's extensive listing
- A nice taxonomy at Coding Horror
- A nice writeup at Refactoring Guru
- There is a longish list without explanations at DevIQ, as a jumping off point for many interesting web searches.
On the "positive" side of the ledger, we also have virtues:
- The original Code Virtues article from Pragmatic Programmers, republished at Medium.
- The explainer article (feel free to start here) at Industrial Logic.
ArjanCodes on Youtube has a good list of Python code smells.ReplyDelete