Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Velocity and story point rundown

I write a lot about velocity because people ask me a lot of questions about it. 

Here are links to the write-ups I reference most in my daily work -- which I tend to associate to "the things most people need to know."


Velocity: Kent Beck's Recommendation
14 Weird Observations About Velocity
"Managing" Velocity
How to Use Story Points
Stop Using Story Points
No Estimates
Esther Derby answers "Why Not Use Velocity as an Agile Metric?"
Ten part Q and A on Velocity blog series
Harmful Metrics
What SHOULD we measure then?

I hope it's helpful. 

A friend published a blog at Industrial Logic on Value-Based OKRs. I wonder if "objective-based" or "initiative-based" is a better term.  I'm not sure what my opinion is here, and I lack experience with them, but I provide the link in case it is helpful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment