Essential packages I can hardly live without:
- bpython - because it's my favorite shell
- sniffer - because CT is the bomb, and sniffer works on mac (autonose not so much)
- mox - though I don't totally love it, I'm somewhat used to it now. May switch to something more context-manager-like.
- BeautifulSoup - if I'm parsing stuff. I really like this library
- mechanize - if I'm writing tests on a web framework. Other than js weakness, it's quite nice
- feedparser - for rss stuff
- PIL - because image manipulation is no fun without it