Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tech Upgrades for The New Year

I am replacing my old, dying laptop with a NoteBook (ASUS Eee PC 1005MA) but that's not what I'm talking about here.

I need to upgrade my tech *skills*. It is time for me to go waist-deep into the air, flash, javascript world. I need to get some skills with making hot web sites and making them look hot. Oh, there is more basic training needed in color and design, but I want to be able to do the technical side of it for now.

I'm going to dive in with a project, I think. Django behind, javascript up front. Then I need to look at air, flex, etc. This could be the year that I make my work more visible.

It will be fun learning to test-drive (or learning how to cope with not test-driving) these new languages and getting into the mindset of this whole trial-and-error UI world. But it should be exciting, and now that I've declared it on my blog I have to make it happen.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. For JavaScript you'll want JQuery. It makes a ton of stuff just work(tm).

    ReplyDelete