This week in Twitter, @marick brought up questions about the meaning and nature of leadership also. Now I can't escape the meme rattling around in the back of my head. It's a bit like when you have three bars of a song in your head and it won't stop repeating until you hear the song in its entirety. What is leadership? It is clearly a kind of skillfulness, but what skill is it? What set of skills define leadership?
My short list of "attributes of a good leader" was easier to come up with:
- Politically savvy
Those are attributes of a good leader, but are not definitions of leadership. This is my quandry today. I would love to hear your best quotes, thoughts, links, definitions, and questions.
Here are some thought-starters:
- Is it about being personally driven to get work done?
- Is it wisdom?
- Is it brashness/courage?
- Is it the ability to drive people?
- Is it the ability to draw people?
- Is it the ability to make people work more?
- Is it about accomplishment of feelings?
- Is it about being the superior predator?