Monday, January 5, 2009

XPairTise problem or am I just being dense?

The XPairTise Eclipse plugin is supposed to enable remote pairing, but the server is hard-coded to use "tcp://localhost:61616".

Localhost? How am I supposed to do remote pairing when the pairing server is bound to the loopback address? Are other people modifying the code to a fixed address? Does that make sense to anyone?

I guess I can download the project from version control, create a version with an option for the port to listen on, roll it into a new jar, and copy that into the directory where I start the app, but it would seem that nobody could use it as-is. No? Am I missing something?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,

    I have not used XPairtise yet, but just a sanity check from you since you are using it, is the field for Server Address not active when creating a user account under Preferences?

    See (which you may have already done):
    http://xpairtise.sourceforge.net/gettingstarted/setting_account.html

    I was looking at that on the XPairtise page and it appears they have a field for it in the documentation but of course I cannot see if the field is active in the plug-in or even there at all. Interface and doc could be out of sync or just wrong.

    Just curious. Sorry if covering old ground for ya.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not able to find and start the server, where is the damm server in whole zip.

    ReplyDelete