- Start by testing you can instantiating the class.
- Test that you can call the function at all.
- Pick the easiest bit of functionality.
- Write the name and assertion first.
- Write the function call as you would like it to appear.
- Refactor the existing tests.
- Pick the most interesting bit of functionality.
- Switch partners.
- Read the code for obvious flaws.
- Rerun the AT
Monday, December 1, 2008
Unit Test Ice Breakers
So you're looking at this pre-existing code. You aren't sure what to do with it, but you need to get some unit tests going. What do you do when you get stuck.